Timmy Rickard - Tape to Dub Plate vol. 6: Brush Bap
Monosole Music presents the sixth in a series of royalty free drum hits and drum breaks recorded directly to tape, mixed using analogue outboard gear, mastered onto a 12" dub plate. and finally sampled back off of the vinyl. This series aims to give you the sound and vibe of the open hits and breaks that crate diggers spend so much of their time searching for, whilst offering the cleaner pre-mastered files for those who prefer that sound.
Volume six contains 204 original drum breaks created using brushes. the tempos range from 85 to 100 bpm, and were specifically selected to represent the boom bap genre. Recorded directly onto analogue tape using three microphones, a close mic on the kick drum, a close mic on the snare and an overhead mic. Mixed using analogue compressors and eq's before being sent to a Neumann cutting lathe. Performed and engineered by Timmy Rickard.
- 1960's Round Badge Drum Kit
- various percussion including congas, shakers and cowbells
- recorded direct to tape at 15ips
- captured using akg d12, beyer m160 and a coles 4038
- powered by boutique transformer based preamps
- mixed using high quality analogue outboard equipment
- mastered to a 7" vinyl dub plate at 45rpm
- sampled from vinyl using a roland sp404 sampler
- avaliable as 16bit 44.1kHz and 24bit 96kHz wav files
- pre vinyl mastered files included
- performed and engineered by Timmy Rickard